1. My kids made these awesome animal dioramas. They were actively engaged the whole time which is A-MAZ-ING! I got this template from Scholastic. We talked about the similarities and differences between an American Prairie and an African Savannah. Look at this awesomeness in 3D!!!
You can get this Scholastic Book too! It is full of cool stuff!
2. Other news...our caterpillars arrived! The kids were so ECSTATIC! And so was I! I love insects, I just don't like to touch them. As long as they are in a container or not too close to me, I am fine. But, we will be observing the metamorphosis of a butterfly in the coming weeks so stay tuned for more pics.
3. SCOOT! The hands-down best classroom game around! I created a triple-digit addition packet to use with my students. I saw so many light bulbs go off and it was super quiet as a mouse for once. Talk about a teacher's dream!
4. I had the pleasure of working with a wonderful parent volunteer for the past 6 years. I had her son when he was in my 1st grade class. I can't believe he is in 6th grade now! Anyway, I am so blessed to have her in my class for all of these years. I really do not know how I would manage all of the work without her. THANKS SO VERY MUCH PAM!!!!
I made her this super cute mint basket. I found it on Pinterest and downloaded the tag at this wonderful blog Darling Doodles.
5. Have you ever heard of IPSY??? A friend of mine introduced me to this. You pay $10 a month and get a bag filled with expensive goodies (some trial size and some full size). My first bag should come in soon and I am impatiently waiting to see what is in it. The preview shows a ZOYA nail polish and I am hoping to get either the purple or the yellow. Fingers crossed!
If you want to check IPSY out, just follow THIS LINK!
And there you have my Five for Friday!
Check out Doodle Bugs Teaching to find out what all the teacher bloggers did this week.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend filled with lots of warmth!