Sunday, February 10, 2013

Biography Boxes Completed!

On Friday, my students completed their biography box projects.  We created them during our Social Studies lessons.  I gathered some famous African-American biographies from the library.  I laid all of the books out and let students choose which African-American they would like to learn more about.  Of course, some students chose the same biographies so I simply grouped them together in groups of no more than 3.  Then, they were off to complete their research.  They not only used the books, but also Wikipedia for some technology integration.  Look how adorable they turned out!


Some of the famous people included- Martin Luther King, Barack Obama, Oprah, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Lebron James, Alicia Keys, Thurgood Marshall, Jesse Jackson, Louis Armstrong, Michael Jackson, etc.


I have uploaded this project to TPT.  This project is versatile and can be used for President's Day or any other biography study, as well.  Click on the project preview below to purchase from TPT.



I'm off to grade and get ready for Monday.  :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods