Friday, June 1, 2012

End of Year Luau

Today was full of fun, learning, more fun, and more learning.  Every year I like to have a Class Luau to celebrate the end of the year.  Who wouldn't like to celebrate with thoughts of Hawaii?  While I am completely exhausted, I know my students enjoyed themselves.  I have former students who come back each year with memories of their Luau.  It melts my heart!

Things we do:
Learn How to Speak like the native Hawaiians Days and Months
Explore the islands and land forms
Discuss the capital, state bird, state flower (and the fact that Hawaii is the 50th state)
Eat pineapples and coconut
Attempt to learn how to hula
Limbo (However, my limbo stick was broke this year, so that was a no go)
Read-aloud this book:

And PAR-TAY of course!  We had snow cones, cotton candy, and a pretty cool cake!


Then we had a little picture fun in our Hawaiian wear!

Okay, maybe not such a cute pic, but you get the idea! Ha!

We still have 4 days left and then my sweeties will officially be 3rd graders.  I am so proud of their accomplishments this year.  They are all so very precious to me.  I KNOW they will accomplish many great things.  I will miss them very, very, VERY much, but they will always hold a special place in my heart!

If you want to grab some of the printables I used for the Luau click HERE!







Photobucket

2 comments:

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods