Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Vacay

Okay so I've been super busy and I am just now able to sit down for a sec and blog.  Between helping a friend move into her new house, and taking care of all of my home stuff that doesn't get done during the school year (thoroughly cleaning, dog to the vet, summer dance camp for my daughter, etc.) I've been a busy woman.

But, my blog and my bloggy friends have been on my mind {promise}.  I just haven't had a moment to post pics of things my students created before we got out of school.  Those will come in the near future.  I've been creating a classroom management clip chart that I will share FOR FREE, with you guys after I get it laminated so you can see it in action.

Meanwhile, take a look at my "Back to School Math Centers" activities that I have been working on again and off again for the past 3 weeks.  It's only for 2nd grade teachers, but can be adapted for 1st and 3rd for differentiation among high and low students.  I am using it for a review of 1st grade concepts at the beginning of the year.  The students will work in groups of 3 or 4 and will rotate centers the 1st week of school.  It allows me to see what they have learned and concepts that need more reviewing.





Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I am going to have to go check out those math centers! This will be perfect to introduce centers in the beginning of the year! I am also your newest follower. Stop by sometime!

    Candace
    005 Watkins' Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristie! I have just been awarded the Versatile Blogger and I am passing it on to you! Your math centers look great. I look forward to getting ideas from you. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found you through TPT as I was looking for other NC bloggers.
    I teach first grade in Davidson County.
    Stop by my blog sometime.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love meeting NC bloggers! Thanks for stopping by. On my way to check out your blog NOW! :)

      Delete
  4. Love these centers!

    I'm a new follower! Head on over to my blog and add your link to my "Blogs that Inspire" tab :)

    Color Me Kinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. M! On my way to take a look at your blog. I love getting new ideas!

      Delete

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods