Sunday, January 13, 2013

3 Day School Week and Lots to Cram In!

Hey Friends!
This week is going to be super short.  We only have 3 student days this week and 2 teacher workdays.  There is so much to cram in!  I'm feeling a little crazy.  You see, we have so many assessments that are due by January 25th.  My school tests using mClass 3D reading which is more than amazing.  I love it!  We just began doing this January 7th with our new iPads.  If you want more info, check out the mClass website HERE.



 In addition, we continue to give a 26 word spelling assessment (paper and pencil, blah!)  which is based on words their way.  The students must also do a mid-year writing over the topic of my choosing.  This is done at BOY, MOY, and EOY to measure student growth in writing.

For math, the students take a STAR math Test (computerized, woohoo!), a county math assessment (paper and pencil, once again) and an M-Comp and M-Cap paper/pencil test.  Last week, I began testing, but it seems there is always at least one child out and I have to give the test to that student one-on one the next day.  So, this week we will continue testing, but I have lots of MLK activities to keep the kids busy while I continue mClass assessments and such.

I thought I'd share my lesson plan for this week with you since I included some activities from my Mini Unit on MLK.


I found this video on you tube to use later on in the week to review the book "Martin's Big Words".  the only problem is that we do not have access to YouTube at our school so I am trying to figure out a way to download this.  It is perfect!

I'm off to enjoy Sunday with my little family!  Have a terrific week friends!


 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I am now following you and I love the look of your blog! Wow! I did not know that mclass had this great program, I will check it out!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa! I love having mClass for running records. It has made running records ten times easier. It also prints out activities for each student based on the data.

    ReplyDelete

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods