Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Inflectional Endings- {s versus es}

This week my 2nd graders are working on adding -s, -es, and -ies to nouns.  Most of my students know -s and -es from 1st grade and we've moved on to -ies.  They love saying "drop the y and -ies".  I even think I've said it over and over in my sleep this week. :)

Though they know this concept, I still notice in their writings how confused they are when it comes to adding an inflectional ending.  A handful aren't sure about the rule of adding -s versus adding -es to nouns.  So... I made this little poster and activity sort to review the concept with them tomorrow.  I just know they are going to love it and hopefully get a better grasp on inflectional endings.  Feel free to use it with your kiddos!I've included colored and black/white so you can use it as a center or cut/paste activity.  Click on the pic to get this freebie!





Thanks for stopping by!  Have a blessed Thursday friends!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods