Monday, April 23, 2012

Fairy Tales...Wishing I was at Disney AGAIN!

I've been thinking about Disney so much since our trip!  We are already planning another trip in October.  Our little girl loved it so much.  I've been readings lots of Fairy Tales to her since we've been back.  You would think I am all princess-ed out!


My students have been asking to see pictures of our trip every.five.minutes.  So...I got to thinking about creating a lesson on Fairy Tales.  I am planning on using my creation this week by using things we have been working on story elements, summarizing, and exploring genres...in this case Fairy Tales.  I am going to use the poster to display.  I'll use the princess cards for visualization and whole group discussion of various Fairy Tales that they possibly already know.  Then, I'll have fairy tale books on hand to pass out for buddy reading.  They will complete the foldable with a partner and also summarize what the story is about.  And...they will be so excited when I close the unit with pics from our trip to Disney.  I'm just as anxious to share (shhh)!  Meanwhile, you can pick up this for free at TpT!


Fairy Tale Summaries Completed!









1 comment:

  1. Love this CUTE fairy tale printables packet you have!! :-) Hoping with your permission you will let me share it on my blog this Saturday on my "Spotlight Saturday" feature. With your permission I could link it directly back to your blog or your stores. I'm a 3rd grade veteran teacher (21 years) from Tn. Hoping you'll "SWING" on over to my blog to say hi, grab some freebies, and/or let me know if you'd be interesting in being one of my Spotlight Saturday features. :-) Am a new follower of your blog! THANKS BUNCHES! Michelle nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods