Monday, February 20, 2012

Antenna or Antennae?

That was the question!  I am working on a bug unit for my class for you TpT followers.  I was creating an anchor chart to label parts of an insect.  I got to the head and wondered antennas or antennae?  I figured it was antennae, but to be sure I Googled it.  Indeed it was antennae!  Here is what I learned:  


Think of antenna as a type of receiver for a tv, radio, etc.  
If you are speaking of a bug, the singular form would be antenna, but the plural form is antennae (not antennas).
GET IT?
There you go...my mini lesson for the night. 
I apologize in advance for any dreams about bed bugs tonight.  YUCK!



Graphics Courtesy of ScrappinDoodles.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods